Don G. Burrell — Our history
Don G. Burrell was the founder of Magellan Real Estate Law Corporation. Don started his law practice in Langley over 30 years ago. In his solicitor’s practice, he had focused on residential real estate conveyancing and mortgages, commercial real estate, commercial banking and wills and estates.
Don was born and raised in British Columbia; he attended UBC earning a Bachelor of Commerce degree in 1980 and a Bachelor of Laws degree in 1981. He was admitted to the British Columbia Bar in 1982. With a strong interest in the real estate industry, Don earned a Diploma in Urban Land Economics from the Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration at UBC (now the Sauder School of Business). Pursuing his keen interest in the real estate industry, Don held senior management positions with the Real Estate Division at the University of British Columbia from 1990 to 1994.
Don was on the Board of Stepping Stone Community Services in Langley and had participated in and donated to numerous fundraising events for local non-profits.
When time had permitted Don enjoyed travelling with his beautiful wife Jayne.
- British Columbia, 1982
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION OR DISTINCTIONS
- The Stanley W. Hamilton Award, 1990
- The Real Estate Institute of British Columbia, 1990
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of British Columbia, 1980
- Bachelor of Laws, UBC, 1981
- Diploma Urban Land Economics, UBC, 1990
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Real Estate Institute of British Columbia
- Author, final editor, legal content of course materials and examination questions, Real Estate Division, Faculty of Commerce, UBC, 1990 to 1994
- Lecturer, Real Estate Division, Faculty of Commerce, UBC, 1990 to 1994